Bob's love for tennis started on a public tennis court hitting
with his father. He played on his high school and college team.
After graduating from Muskingum College, Bob received his
Masters at Ohio State University in Sports Administration.
Upon receiving his Masters, he went straight to Scarborough
as Manager/Tennis Pro. Today he is still Manager and Pro,
but is now owner of Scarborough East Tennis Club.
As owner, he has made many improvements to the Club, physical
building and court improvements. Bob's latest and most impressive improvement to the Club is the PlaySight SmartCourts. Not only are our members seeing the benefits, but we are hosting youth USTA tournaments and have been told players are coming from out of town just to be able to use our system.
Bob also believes it is very important to attend conventions to learn the latest teaching techniques to use in Scarborough's youth programs, Quick Start through Masters Clinics. He maintains weekly meetings with his pros discussing what they can do to make their clinics top notch.
Whether Bob is on the side with a one-on-one instruction during clinics or yelling out his famous "Down the Middle!", he truly makes tennis a great, fun workout. He lives by Scarborough's motto, "TENNIS . . . FUN FITNESS FOR LIFE!"
• Owner and Manager of Scarborough East Tennis Club
• Coordinator of the Greater Columbus Adult Team's Leagues
• Member of Head and K-Swiss Advisory Staff
• Former Vice President of Ohio Valley Tennis Association
• Former Greater Columbus Tennis Association Board Member and Men's League Coordinator
• Co-founder and Former Vice President of Pickerington Youth Athletic Tennis Association
• Ohio State Master's Degree in Sports Administration
• Certified PTR Tennis Professional
• Coached 2 National Qualifying USTA Junior Team Tennis teams
• Coached 6 Midwest Sectional Runner Up USTA Junior Team Tennis teams
Tennis Playing Experience
• 4.5 Men's USTA Team qualifying for Midwest Sectional Championship on 3 separate occasions
• Captain and Player at Muskingum College
As a new member of Scarborough East, I have taken several
clinics from Bob. I am pleased that my game has improved, but more importantly, I feel that I am treated as an individual even
when there are 4-8 others on the court. Bob recognizes my weaknesses and instructs me how to strengthen them. He is also
very encouraging while pushing you to reach your potential.
- D. Taylor