Evan's tennis career started at a young age in the Scarborough
East Tennis Club's Grand Slam Program, advancing
through to their Masters Program. He played 4 years of tennis at
Pickerington High School and was a two-time District Qualifier while
helping his team win the OCC Championship. In college, he received
a full scholarship to UNOH, playing singles and doubles against players from all over the world. Today, Evan plays USTA, GCTA, and in club leagues, keeping his skills sharpened to be able to pass this onto his students.
Evan is a PTR Certified Instructor and continues on a regular basis to attend PTR Workshops in order to expand his knowledge as an Instructor with new and innovative drills.
For one season at UNOH, Evan was Student Coach leading team practices and coaching matches.
He is starting his 4th year at Scarborough as an Instructor, teaching players of all ages (children to adults) and all skill levels. Currently, he is working with the following groups:
Junior Tennis Program
• Coaching Grand Slam I, II, and III classes.
• 3rd Year Coaching the USTA 18's Intermediate. This year his team
finished 1st in their Division and then played at Districts in
Quick Start Program
• Working with the 10 & Under youth to develop the basics of tennis.
• Teaching weekly Play & Learn classes with adults of all ages and skills.
• 4th season as Head Coach for the Boys & Girls JV Tennis Teams at Pickerington North High School.
Growing up, as you can see, tennis has been a big, important part of Evan's life and he enjoys sharing this with others.